The Indonesian Government is planning to increase their non-tax revenue (Penerimaan Negara Bukan Pajak). The non-tax revenue comprises of certain official tariffs, which includes the official fees or government charges for Intellectual Property prosecution.
Below are some of the notable changes:
1. Copyright and Industrial Design
- Filing fees are not increasing (what a relief!), but the Government is planning to increase certain post-filing recordals such as recordal of change of name and/or address and the assignment of rights.
2. Patent, Integrated Circuit Layout, and Trade Secret
- Similar to the above, patent filing fees are not affected. However, the government is planning to increase the post filing fees. We would like to highlight two things that previously did not incur cost but soon will incur costs i.e. the filing of the request of Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) and request of extension of time for responding the examination result.
3. Trademark and Geographical Indication
- Filing fees, again, are not affected. However, certain post filing matters will see a significant increment.
Our detailed information with the specific increments will be sent to all of our colleagues, clients and associates as soon as the Indonesian Government authorizes the draft list of official fees and the official government regulation is thereafter amended. The Government plans to enforce the changes by the end of 2017.
Latest posts by KASS (see all)
- A true trademark conspiracy involving two Malaysian companies and one Indonesian company - February 8, 2018
- Locked, Shocked and Barreled in dispute for Domain Name ‘SHOCKINGLYDEALS.COM.MY’ - February 8, 2018
- Patent Owners Beware – Vietnam has eliminated its grace period - January 30, 2018