Participation for the AKAR UMBI CATEGORY (GRASS ROOT CATEGORY) of the NATIONAL INNOVATION AWARD 2007 is open to citizens of Malaysia who are able to invent and possess the creativity to innovate products or basic appliances to solve technical problems in our daily lives.
The conditions to satisfy are as follows:
- Innovation is produced without any form of technical or financial aid and/or
collaboration with any research institution, company of professional expertise.
- Innovation developed must function in proper order.
- Innovation/Product that has won or selected in 2006 is not valid to apply for registration.
- Award winning innovation/design that qualified to the final of the National Innovation
Award – Akar Umbi Category before are not entitle to participate in the National
Innovation Award – Akar Umbi Category 2007.
The participants will be competing for the prizes below:
- RM30,000 cash
- Certificate of Participation
- RM1,000 cash for every participant selected
- Akar Umbi Innovation Grant
As the Closing Date for this competition is 14 November 2007, interested individuals should act quickly to submit their application form.
Items that need to be prepared for the application are listed below:
- Name of participant(s) –team must specify names of the leader and members
- Address of participants
- I/C Number
- Telephone Number
- Innovation Title
- A copy of Patent Grant/Utility Renewal Grant or one copy of Certificate of Utility Renewal Grant or Certificate of Patent Renewal Application Number
- Summary of capability and the related innovation operation method in solving technical problem
- Sketches, diagrams, drawings and photos of innovation
The on-line registration form is available at: www.akademisains.gov.my and more information regarding this competition can be obtained from SIRM.